Optibac For Pregnancy
Unlike other friendly bacteria supplements on the market, ‘Pregnancy’ contains 3 high quality strains which are extensively researched in and carefully selected for pregnancy from conception through to birth, as well as for post-birth and breastfeeding.
Prenatal supplement for pregnant women from conception through to birth. Also suitable and researched during breastfeeding and the 6 months+ post birth.
3 in stock
- Each serving contains 12 billion live cultures + 30 mg FOS fibres and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry
- Contains well researched friendly bacteria strains which have been trialled in hundreds of pregnant women
- All three strains are scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 and Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14® are also proven to reach the vaginal tract
- Complements your natural gut bacteria
- Maternal supplementation of L. rhamnosus HN001 may have beneficial immune effects for both mother and baby
- L. rhamnosus HN001 has been shown to stimulate immunological responses
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required
- No refrigeration necessary when stored in a cool, dry place below 25°C
- Recommended for daily use
Should you take friendly bacteria in pregnancy?
Expectant mums may worry whether it’s safe to take live cultures during pregnancy, especially as some other natural health supplements are not recommended at this time. However, Optibac Pregnancy contains friendly bacteria strains which have been clinically trialled in pregnant and breastfeeding mothers and shown to be safe, so it’s particularly suitable for use in pregnancy and early motherhood.
How does this supplement differ to other live cultures supplements for pregnancy?
Optibac Pregnancy contains specific strains of friendly bacteria which have extensive research to support their use all the way from conception, throughout pregnancy and into early motherhood. Other brands often use the same strains of live cultures in all of their supplements, and simply add other ingredients to differentiate how they can be used. Unlike other brands, Optibac Pregnancy contains live cultures which have been researched during pregnancy, so there’s no need for any added ingredients. However, should you wish to take other prenatal supplements and vitamins, then it is fine to take your Pregnancy supplement alongside these.
What are FOS fibres?
FOS stands for Fructo-oligosaccharides and is a type of non-digestible carbohydrate. This means that it is not able to be broken down in the small intestines, and instead enters the large intestine where it is fermented by the good bacteria living there.
Food supplement suitable for pregnant women from conception through to birth and for breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding women post birth with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with breakfast.
- For those unable to swallow capsules, open and mix contents with a cool drink / food.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
- May be taken on an ongoing basis or as professionally directed.
- For best results use daily.
- Containing two strains of natural bacteria.
- 2.3 billion live cultures per capsule.
- Suitable in pregnancy and menopause.
- Vegan, vegetarian, no added sugars, yeast and gluten free.