Since 2009, we have been helping our patients manage their weight through advice during private consultations held in one of our 2 consultation rooms. We have had various clubs including Jonty’s Joggers and Fat Fighters. Building on the success of these, we have since 2015 added the NewWeigh Weight Management products to our service list.
NewWeigh guarantees amazing results in a reasonable but accelerated timeframe. Nationally, people using NewWeigh can typically expect to lose weight 3-5lbs per week if you are male and 2-4lbs per week if you are female. In many instances, we have seen weight loss at higher rates than this with good motivation and support from our staff.
Our weight management service has 3 options:
- NewWeigh Total Diet Replacement (TDR)
- NewWeigh Meal Replacement Plan (MRP)
- Consultation and advice on healthy eating and exercise alone (no products used)
Price is Free to €68.50 per week
In all instances, weight loss and management has 3 stages:
- Lose the weight
- Reintroduction to food
- Maintenance of your new weight
We are constantly asked “But will I keep the weight off?” The answer to this question depends on your willingness to work with us after you have lost your weight. We typically advise people to continue to come for private weigh-ins weekly for 6 to 8 weeks after their weight loss. During these weeks, we will help you find foods you love that are nutritious and healthy but also meet your daily calorie needs, which will help us prove to you that you can maintain your weight loss.
This 6 to 8 week period is only a guide but we are happy for you to come as often and for as long as you want. A person that continues to come in and engage is very unlikely to return to their former unhealthy weight. At the end of the day, we cannot help you if you do not let us.
€17.35 to €40 per week
A flexible way to diet and get your weight under control,
with the support and advice of your trained pharmacy. MRP products provide 1/3 of your daily nutrition in no more than 225kcal per portion.
How does it work?
- Use 1 or 2 tasty MRP foods daily in place of meals or snacks along with a healthy dinner.
- Successful for weight loss and weight maintenance.
- Great taste and fits with your lifestyle
- Scientifically proven safe & effective weight loss
- FREE samples available with a Free B.M.I. check
- High Fibre to keep you fuller for longer reducing urge to snack.
- High Protein.
- High in 26 vitamins and mineral (1/3 of daily requirements per portion).
- Ideal for managing your weight long term if desired.
- No need for calorie counting at mealtimes.
- Free weekly or regular confidential pharmacy weigh-in (optional).
- This program does not have to be pharmacist supervised but the pharmacist is available to you.
- MRP is ideal if you find TDR to difficult or are not a candidate for TDR.
How do I use the Meal Replacement Plan (MRP) products?
Replace 1 or 2 meals a day with our tasty, high protein, high fibre, nutrient rich foods.
NewWeigh Meal Replacement Plan (MRP)
MRP range comprises:
- Smooth Chocolate drink mix
- Summer Strawberry drink mix
- Very Vanilla drink mix
How do I get started?
Purchase from our online shop or call in store for free samples of our MRP foods. Complimentary shaker bottles are provided.
Please note that samples are not provided for the Total Diet Replacement (TDR) Plan. We can not send free samples from the online store but if you purchase a product from the store, leave a comment requesting some free samples of other flavours and we will include these with your delivery.
Fibremore – new tab
Fibre is important for digestive health, reduces your risk of developing some diseases and helps your weight control. Fibre comes in 2 forms:
INSOLUBLE FIBRE (also known as roughage) bulks up stools and prevents constipation.
Foods rich in insoluble fibre: wheat bran, all bran, whole grains, popcorn, flaxseed, oatmeal, rye bread, rolled oats, beans, lentils, beetroot, chickpeas, parsnips, peas, turnip, soybeans, sweet potatoes, potatoes with skin, cabbage, apples, raspberries, figs, kiwi fruit, mangoes, bananas, pears and strawberries.
SOLUBLE FIBRE helps keep stools soft and moist, making them easier to pass. It can reduce cholesterol and encourage beneficial gut bacteria.
Foods rich in soluble fibre: Fibremore, oat bran, oatmeal, brown rice, flaxseed, plantain, artichokes, kidney beans, brussel sprouts, asparagus, broccoli, onions, carrots, blackberries, oranges, grapefruit, apricots, mangoes and prunes.
The recommended daily fibre intake is 25-35g for adults. Increase your fibre intake gradually over a couple of weeks to avoid excess wind.
An easy way to ‘top up’ your daily fibre is to take one or two 5ml teaspoons of Fibremore daily. Each 5g of Fibremore contains 4.5g of soluble fibre. The powder has no taste and mixes easily in any food or drink, hot or cold.
€68.50 per week.
- NewWeigh is a nutritionally complete formula for fast, safe and effective weight loss.
- A healthy way to reduce weight and keep it off.
- Hunger is reduced after 3 or 4 days, your body burns your excess fat for energy.
- Medical screening questionnaire required before starting TDR. Patients must be initiated by a pharmacist.
What is Total Diet Replacement (TDR)?
- All food is replaced by 3 nutrient complete products daily.
- Simple but strict medical diet method.
- Only black tea, coffee and water (still or sparkling) allowed in addition to nutrient complete products.
- Ideal if you want to lose 1.5 stones (10kg) or more in a reasonable time.
- Free weekly confidential pharmacy weigh-in.
- Use the re-feed week to transfer back to ordinary foods.
- Long-term free support from us.
How do I start TDR?
Call into us and ask for a patient booklet.
Males and females take 3 shakes per day. Our range comprises:
- Chocolate Shake
- Vanilla Shake
- Strawberry Shake
- Chicken and Leek Soup
Supervision and regular pharmacy weight checks are crucial in maintaining your new lower weight to help you keep your weight under control. NewWeigh and our pharmacists are always available to support and advise you.
It is important that you follow all the instructions from us only as unfortunately most dieting advice in the media is incorrect.
Whether you are losing weight for health, lifestyle or just to feel better, you will automatically get the health benefits from a lower B.M.I.